Nurture

Hidden with the shadows,
Guardians of the night.
Lost, weary, broken,
Your darkness didn’t look right.
I lifted you from the trenches,
Still tethered to the past.
I wonder what had happened,
How long did the pain last?

You didn’t flinch,
You didn’t even try.
Life had worn you down so much,
Those eyes, they didn’t lie.
I vowed to nurture you back,
Your spirit intact, I know.
I carried your weight all the way,
You just needed to let go.

You didn’t say anything,
But I think you felt my heart.
You didn’t give-up but had to go,
Maybe that was the plan from the start.
Thank you, I said,
As you smiled, your goodbye.
I felt so much lighter,
I couldn’t understand why.

I now sit here and think,
What a journey it had been.
I felt real, I felt alive,
Is that how it feels to be seen?
I now wonder if I had found you,
Or if you had found me instead.
Did you even need saving?
Or you were here to save me instead.





Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment